- 2 sleeping quarters – Full galley and head
- A/C in the salon
- 12KW Furuno bird radar
- Ice and water maker
- 455 h.p. C-7 Cats with a 9kw Northern Lights generator set
- Cruises at 28 knots
- 25kw X band radar, 5,000’ Echosounder
- GPS Navigator on Nav-Net screens, Simrad Autopilot, two VHF Radios, And JBL Stereo
- 2-16,500 BTU A/C units
- 500lbs-per-day ice chipper feeding into a 6’, below-deck fish box, large, below-deck live bait well, 4 hide-away tuna tubes built into gunwale, Rupp, triple-spreader outriggers; release rocket-launcher-back fighting chair, release, highly polished helm chair. Full size head forward.
Crew: Captain James Smith grew up fishing for tarpon on the Caribbean side of Costa Rica and worked at a lodge there until 1993. He then moved to Golfito Sailfish Rancho, which was one of the first lodges targeting billfish on the Pacific Coast. Over the past 5 years, James has been a captain in Quepos. During the off season, he perfected his English while working as a mate on a charter boat in Martha’s Vineyard. James is married and has four daughters.
First Mate Alberto first started working with the public as a bartender, so he’ll make sure that you always have a cold drink. He is also incredible at hooking billfish and hooked the first billfish caught on the Dragin Fly, a 350 pound blue marlin. Before working with the Dragin Fly, Alberto was a captain in Quepos.
Second Mate Chela is famous for his amazing guacamole, a secret recipe that comes form his 4 years working as a chef at El Gran Escape Restaurant in Quepos. He has been a mate for 6 years in Quepos, turning down a captain’s position to join our crew.