The very first prototype boat, she has logged over 15,000 billfish releases since she first hit the Pacific waters in 2003. With a recent full restoration including Awlgrip paint, new Cummins engines, and a Seakeeper, she is the workhorse of the fleet fishing over 250 days this past season. Custom Alutecnos rods and reels and the very latest in Garmin Marine electronics technology, Spanish Fly is indeed a state-of-the-art custom-built sport fisherman. Raise Fish? You bet. Spanish Fly’s tournament-winning heritage is unparalleled – winning many major tournaments throughout Central America. Air-conditioned comfort for the family as well as a nimble, capable vessel for the fly angler, the boat has become quite popular in our fleet for multi-day blue marlin offshore trips out on the famed Costa Rica seamounts. Of course, she may be most famous for being the only leucitic blue marlin that ever landed on rod and reel.
Engine: Twin Cat Diesels / Generator
Captain: Walton Smith
- Experienced Local Longtime Captain / Fisherman
- Tournament Tested & Winning Crew
- Offshore World Championship Approved Charter Operator
- 27 KT Cruise
- Electronics / Stereo
- Terminal Tackle / LP Electric Reels
- Live Well / Tuna Tubes
- Fish Box
- Fighting Chair / Rocket Launcher
- Air Conditioned Throughout
- Galley / Food and Drinks Included
- Ice Machine / Chipper
- Water Maker
- Safety Equipment
- Head / Shower
- Bunks / Twin Oversized Below
- Day Bed / Dinette Converts Day Bed
- Anglers 6
- Bi-Lingual Crew
- Overnight Trips Available
Full-Day: $2900 + tax
Half Day: NO
- All full-day charters include lunch, beverages, bait, and tackle.
- Fishing license and gratuity are not included. 10% to 20% is the usual tip.
- The license ($15) can be purchased by clicking here or on the day of fishing at the Incopesca office at the charter dock entrance. Very Important: Incopesca only accepts CASH.
- If fishing please arrive at the charter dock at the Los Sueños Resort Marina by 6:45 am. Boats leave the marina between 7:00 – 7:30 am
- If the event of cancellation, we require 30 days advance notice of arrival date, in writing, for a refund.
- If you cancel your trip for whatever reason, 0-29 days prior to your arrival, all payments are non-refundable.